Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year Classics






The last sunset of 07.  Twas a great year, and im sure you'll agree, bout due for a change.  Ive been needing a reason to stop waking up at noon and eating cookies in my soup.  Time to grow up little Garret.  Its not the 90's anymore.  So here are a few photos from the new year's eve/day.  I decided to "do it real big" this year and throw a party at my place.  Thanks for showing up all you people, and I hope you had a blast.  My neighbor/landlord loves tequila and invited Jeremy and I over for some blackjack drinking games.  Lets just say, the new year luck was all going to the dealer... and I was about to be on the floor.

I like new years because it's the one time when you walk down the street in Los Angeles when everyone is nice to everyone else.  It's all smiles from the neighbors, and people put their worries on hold to have some fun.  

In the morning, Sterling came over at 7 AM with cheeses and booze.  Walking down the street the night after a huge world-wide bash is amazing.  There are no sounds, nobody is driving, nobody is awake, and everything is still - despite how trashed it is from the night before.  

Sterling and I decided to go skating and make video parts of ourselves even though we suck.  So as we were walking, we found a chair in the middle of the street.  It was so rad.  We rode the bus all day, and at the end of the night, I rode it home with some crappy footage of crappy tricks, and a feeling that it is going to be a great year.  



No comments: