Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coachella Sucks

I feel like Coachella keeps getting worse... I mean come on. Jack Johnson? Ouch. Coachella reached their peak a couple years ago. Let's face it, the best place to see bands these days, is at record store - in house - shows, and at Spaceland or the Echo for free on monday nights. Jack Johnson headlines Coachella... Never thought I'd see the day. Wow.

As a side note, I do appreciate some of the smaller names on the bill, but for a headliner, you want to see a band up there that actually makes you stoked to go. You don't want to go all the way down to the desert and see a bunch of cool bands all to be ended by a piece of crap band do you? That would be like the last Coachella I went to where Tool headlined. I left early with Beto, but ouch..... Tool. Ok, I've said enough.

The bands I'm actually stoked on: Tegan & Sara, Spank Rock (yeah, again), Minus the Bear, Vampire Weekend, M.I.A., Hot Chip, VHS or Beta, Chromeo, Jusice, Metric, The Streets (yeah, I do like the streets), Cool Kids, Shout Out Louds (gotta give my love yo), Diplo, and The Raconteurs.

3 comments:

animal-ria said...

listening to bubbly toes through huge amps was gonna be the highlight of my year!! (NOOOOOOOOT!)

austin said...

Past headliners: Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Björk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, The Cure, The Beastie Boys, Jane's Addiction, Oasis, and Beck.

There are a few losers in there (take your pick), but you're right, I think this is a new all time low.

Anonymous said...

Teagan and Sara? ha! Is that ht e Tony Curtis way?